We have a date for us returning to our sessions but I am waiting for written confirmation from the school before I will contact you.
Applications for the start of next term can now be sent in, ready for the first trials.
If you are already at another club, please contact me in confidence on 01322 409312
Until then we will continue to run a FREE Zoom class for you EVERY WEEK until our return.
Sally's group on Wednesdays and all Early Thursdays (5-6.30pm) sessions, your zoom time will be 4.45-6pm every Wednesday
Zoom meeting for the 3rd March is 823 5019 6164
Sam and Linda's group on Wednesdays are invited to join all the Seniors and Coaches every Thursday 5.45-7pm
Zoom meeting for the 4th March is 843 9264 5941
Well done all the gymnasts and Coaches who join us for our Free Zooms, we hope you
are still having fun each night.
This week sessions we had 27 on line having a great time, please join us.
Be reassured that your fees paid will be honoured on our return.
Until then, keep smiling and remember that we will get through this together.
Dartford Gymnastics Club
Rules and Code of conduct for Gymnasts and Parents/Guardians
(Revised February 2020)
1. Arrival: Gymnasts and parents must arrive at 4.45pm, 15 minutes prior to start
time to help get equipment out and 15 minutes at the end to pack away.
2. Entering the Gym: Under our Child Protection policy, parents must NOT drop
their gymnast off in the car park. ALL gymnast must be brought into the gym by a
responsible Parent/Adult who must remain with them until a Senior Coach or
Welfare Officer is present.
3. Late arrival: Without prior notification by phone or email, will mean the gymnast
will NOT be allowed to enter the gym or train from 5pm.
4. Viewing Gymnasts: Parents and visitors are asked NOT to remain in the gym whilst
the session is in progress, as this can cause distractions to the gymnasts and
possibly lead to injury. Any parents that wish to view a session may do so from
the viewing area upstairs.
5. Clothing: Gymnasts must wear a club leotard. Club Merchandise forms are
available at the beginning of each session. Merchandise must be paid for when
6. Bad Weather Clothing: Gymnast must come dressed suitably for the current
weather conditions in case of evacuation.
7. Gymnastic shorts/leggings: These must be purchased through the club and are
only permitted for mature gymnasts. All gymnasts to work in bare feet.
8. Hair: Long hair must be tied back securely (a loose scrunchie will NOT suffice).
Long plaits are not desired, as they can cause injury. The Head Coach will deny
participation if hair is not considered neat. Flat clips may be used but Bows or
accessories are not permitted.
9. Jewellery: No Jewellery or body piercings of any kind to be worn during sessions
by anyone (Coaches may wear a flat band wedding ring only). The club will NOT
provide the tape for ears that have just been pierced. Anyone not complying with
this request will not permitted to join in.
10. Food and Drink: Gymnasts must not bring in fizzy drinks or any type of sweets or
food (unless for birthday celebrations) into the gym, except Display Group for
change over break on Thursdays. It is not the clubs responsibility to supply drinks.
11. Payment of Fees: Fees cover a 10 week period, including school holidays.
With immediate effect, fees must be paid, on line or by card at the start of the session and on time. Failure to do so will result in termination of membership.
Fees cannot be refunded at any point, once the BG membership has been paid.
12. Annual British Gymnastics (BG) membership/insurance: This is due October
1st each year. Parents must agree to complete BG membership on-line for any
Gymnasts under 16 years or they will not be insured as a member of our club.
13. Absences: Any absence of TWO weeks or more, without notification, will be
Regarded as termination of membership. If you are sick or on holiday please
contact one of the following numbers.
Linda (Head Coach) 07597 407427 or daytime 01322 409312
14. Medical forms/Contact details: To be completed each September.
Please notify us by email of any changes to their health or your Emails, address
or contact details.
15. Glasses: For safety reasons, any gymnast who normally wears glasses MUST
wear them whilst doing gymnastics.
16. Health: If a gymnast has been off school but insist they feel well enough for
gymnastics, they should NOT be brought to the session.
17. Injury: Any gymnasts who wears a support without a doctor’s letter, will not be
permitted to train until we have a note or email from the medical professional
to say they fit to continue including on their return after any injury, as we do
not allow working with any injury even if they were caused outside of the club.
18. Data Protection: Gymnasts details will be held on the clubs secure systems.
Details will NOT be passed to third parties except BG nor without permission.
19. Mobiles: Gymnasts mobiles must be deposited at the desk for the duration of
their session. We are not responsible for any loss or damage. Coaches are
allowed to use devices to aid training but recordings must be deleted at the end
of that session.
20. Rights and Respect for all: Everyone must respect club members, coaches and
21. Bad behaviour including, bad language or any level of bullying will result in
notification to parents and/or immediate suspension of membership.